Test Day Schedule
- All parts of the test will be conducted at the English Language Academy (67 Symonds Street).
- Please ensure you arrive here by 11am to give you enough time to register.
- If you arrive after 12pm, you will not be allowed to sit the test, so please ensure you plan your journey in advance!
Below is an outline of the test day:
|1-4pm||Written part of the test (Listening, Reading, and Writing)|
When booking your test online, you will be able to book your speaking test at the same time.
On some test dates, speaking tests between 9am and 11am will be available.
If you book a speaking test in the morning, then you just need to arrive half an hour before your speaking test start time to register. You won't have to register again after this. The rest of the test day will then follow the schedule above.
- You must attend your test with your passport. Your passport must be valid on the day of the test. We cannot accept photocopies.
- If your passport is at Immigration New Zealand – please request for your passport to be returned to you at least 1 week before your test date. Immigration New Zealand have confirmed that IELTS test takers are free to request their passport to be returned to them at any time in order to sit an IELTS test.
What to bring with you to your test
We will provide you with stationery (mechanical pencil and eraser).
If you would like to bring water, please ensure that it is in a clear, see-through bottle.
Please note that the following items are not allowed in the test room
- Pens, highlighters, correction fluid
- Food (this is allowed in the waiting area)
- Watches (there is a large digital clock in each test room to help you manage your time)
- Any electronic devices (these will need to be switched off and placed in your bag before you enter the test room)
We have a belongings area where you will be able to safely store all your personal belongings. However, we do recommend leaving all valuable items at home!
- Free coffee and tea is available while you wait.
- Free WiFi is also available. A code will be sent to you via email before your test, and will also be available in the waiting room.
- Vending machines are available for the purchase of drinks/snacks.
- There are toilet facilities on each level.
More information on parking options is available here.
Any complaints on test day need to be reported on the day of the test and will not be accepted afterwards.